Wednesday, August 25, 2010

School Hassles.


Some of you might be wondering why I’m posting this so early.. I’m supposed to be at work till at least 9:15pm today! Well today during school I got a rather unexpected and relieving phone call from one of my co-workers. I didn’t have to go into work at all today because there was a water main break in front of our store. It’s like god knew I needed the day off.

I got home from school around 3:10pm and watched an episode of “My Super Sweet Sixteen.” Those girls are so ridiculously lucky.. I had a small party for my 16th bday. My friend threw it for me, and honestly it was a kind of fucked up party, not to mention a huge shit show. Anyways, after i got done watching the show, I took a nap for about an hour and a half. Me + school + fasting + sickness = death. Speaking of fasting.. we kinda… today I went to the counselors office to try and get my schedule changed. For the third time. I’m a rather pick and persistent person, and when I don’t get my way, well you’ve got a problem on your hands cause I’m not gonna stop until I get my way. The problem this time is my math class. I have a problem with my schedule every semester, and its such a pain in the ass. The math class I’m taking is called intro to calculus. I took pre calc last year and intro to calc and pre calc are pretty much the same thing. As a junior last year, I was in one of the highest math classes (I’ve always been decent at math) but due to having a hand full of really bad colds (much like the one I have now), mono, appendicitis, and the death of a close friend, well I’m sure you can imagine how much school I missed. Since I missed so much school it caused me to fall really behind in a most subjects, especially math, and I ended up teaching myself most of what I learned. Both semesters I got a C in pre calc, so my teacher decided I wasn’t well enough prepared for AP Calc AB, which is where the rest of my class went, so she put me in intro to calc. Little did I know, I will now be reviewing what I learned last year for all of first semester, and most of second semester. I could have just accepted this and been happy to have a blow off class, but I’m already extremely bored in this dumb class. So I could go on and on about this [once I get typing it’s so hard for me not to pour ever detail into here], but pretty much I went to my counselor and tried to get switched into an AP Stat class, but it wouldn’t work because I would have to drop Honors German 5, Honors Physics, or Symphonic Orchestra. And I didn’t want to do this.

My final schedule for semester 1 of my senior year:
1. Multimedia (blocked B days)
2. Honors Physics (blocked C days)
3. Symphonic Orchestra
4. Intro to Calculus
5. English 4
6. Honors German 5
7. Intro to Business

I’ll most likely update later tonight, if not I will tomorrow for sure.
Stay strong, xx Sarah

2 comments:

  1. You seem like a really smart cookie! I'm sorry you missed so much school last year! You really went through a lot of hardships =( I can't empathize with everything, but I had appendicitis in 7th grade so I at least know how that feels. It must have been a lot harder having to deal with Junior year along with all that other stuff too though. What instrument do you play by the way?

    I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks hun! I’m really not that smart. I only have a 3.3.. and compared to my sister who graduated with a 4.57 (and no, I’m not exaggerating), It’s really nothing. I’ll never compare to her.
    Appendicitis sucks doesn’t it? I actually think I ruptured my appendix myself.. it’s a long story. I’ll write about it in the next week!
    I play the violin, been playing since 3rd grade. Do you play anything?
    Thanks. Hopefully I’ll be better by Friday!
    xx Sarah.

    ReplyDelete