
TGIF. Even though the week has gone by quickly (relatively speaking), I’m so psyched that it’s Friday. Not that it really matter cause I still work, and have so much homework that I might as well go to school for 6 hours.
I have a college essay due next week and a PowerPoint to make about the school I want to go to, Rockhurst. The college essay is supposed to be about something in our lives that’s dramatically changed or impacted us. All I could think about is my ED. My struggles and victories. The good days and the bad. My teacher asked me a lot of personal questions, mostly about traveling to Europe and living in Germany for a few months. She wants me to write about how I was superficial before I went to Germany, and how I was a new, down to earth and honest person when I came back to the states. She had a great idea to use analogies about who I used to be, the “gossip girl” and how now I’m [Glee]full. Get the show references? It’s cute but it’s not me. She said it would be good to have any theme like that, such as a handbag or a clothing designer. Another topic I would like to write about is my close friend who passed away about 4 months ago, but that’s still too hard. It wouldn’t make a good college essay anyways, it’s too depressing and low spirited essays never turn out well.
Today was another straight from school, change in the car while I’m driving to work day. The hunger pains really started to hit me during our mini dinner rush. I was getting so hungry and my stomach was growling. I had probably 13 slices of tomatoes, and 5 slices of cucumbers with a few dashes of salt and pepper and a bit of buffalo sauce (very low call and spicy so it speeds up your metabolism).
When I was driving home, I was so excited to take a steaming hot shower, get ready, and then go out with a few friends and drink at a beer pong tourney. Then I saw a rental car parked in the street outside my house. Great. My dad’s home from is bimonthly trip to Chicago. I get off the phone with a girl I was going to meet at the party, grab all my school and work stuff, and go inside the hell hole I’m supposed to call home. My dad tells me that my radio can’t be fixed by the dealership (so I’ve been driving that dumb minivan around this whole time for no purpose) and asks me to drop it off with him in the morning. Umm hello? One, I have a job. Two, I am tired and need every minute of sleep I can get. He asks me the usual questions. “How was work?” fine. ”How was school?” fine. ”Do you like your teachers” I guess. “Is this year going to be hard or easy” *sigh* “so both?” No response. He then informs me that my older sister, Stephanie, got Lasik surgery today. Furious that she kept this from me, I text her asking why she must always be so secretive. She tells me that she didn’t want me to worry blah blah blah and then asks if we are still going to Skype later tonight. I go to my room and cry. My chest breaks out with a rash like it always does when I’m stressed, infuriated, or drunk because I’m allergic to alcohol. Obviously I wasn’t drunk because I was at home. So I guess you could say I’m a wee bit stressed, not to mention fucking aggravated.
I weigh myself. 162. It better be all the coke zero, coffee, and water. Not that frickin tomato. (I just realized I’ve been spelling tomatoe wrong my entire life, thanks spellcheck..) Time for a blog entry and a mini music jam session. It’s the only thing that truly makes me feel better nowadays, not sure I’d be here without music. I open my new laptop and begin to type away. My chest and tears clear up, but they are immediately replaced with a massive, buckets-of-rain thunderstorm. Gotta love St. Louis’ bipolar weather.
No comments:
Post a Comment